Who should attend?
EMAC is a mandatory course for all ANZCA trainees and is also accredited for Continuing Professional Development points and emergency response activities for Fellows and Provisional Fellows by the College. Anaesthetic trainees and GP anaesthetic trainees must have completed a minimum of one year of accredited training prior to attending the course. It is expected that the participants on the course would be capable of providing anaesthesia to a simple emergency case such as an appendicectomy without direct supervision.
Why do the course?
The course introduces anaesthetists to the Non-Technical Skills required for managing clinical emergencies. It provides strategies for using the available resources to lead and coordinate team activities and communicate effectively during emergencies.
In addition, EMAC revises the technical skills and requirements for handling common and life threatening situations during anaesthetic care. The course updates the participants on emergency management procedures and discusses the practical application of clinical algorithms during time-pressured events.
What is included?
- Human Factors and Human performance in anaesthetic care
- Cardiovascular emergencies
- Airway emergencies
- Anaesthetic emergencies
- Trauma management for the anaesthetist
Do I get CPD/CME Points?
ANZCA: EMAC is accredited for 40 points (20 hours x 2 points per hour) in the knowledge and skills category in addition to both CICO and Cardiac Arrest emergency response activities.
ACRRM: 10 MOPS points
How many participants in a course?
The maximum number of participants for EMAC is 12. The course often has a mix of consultants, trainees and GP anaesthetists.
What date is the course?
2019 Courses are full
- April – Thurs 11th, Friday 12th and Sat 13th - Completed
- July – Thurs 25th, Friday 26th and Sat 27th - Completed
- August – Thurs 15th, Friday 16th and Sat 17th - Completed
- October – Thurs 24th, Friday 25th and Sat 26th - Course Full
- November – Thurs 21st, Friday 22nd and Sat 23rd - Course Full
- December – Thurs 5th, Friday 6th and Saturday 7th - Course Full
Where is the course held?
Epworth HealthCare - Clinical Education and Simulation Centre Level 5, Cato Wing, 89 Bridge Rd, Richmond VIC 3121.
What is the cost?
$2850 (incl. GST)
- Up to four weeks before the Course
- 100% Refund
- Two to four weeks before the Course
- 50% Refund
- Less than two weeks before the Course
- No Refund